Goldie Locke Community Room Reservations
Reserve the Goldie Locke Community Room
The Goldie Locke Community Room in the Charles E. Duckworth Utility Services Building, 217 N. Fifth St., is available for use by community groups, homeowners’ associations and governmental or school agencies for nonprofit purposes.
The facility may be available for public use weekdays from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. and is subject to staffing and scheduling limitations. City-related business will take priority for the use of the room. Usage outside of regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) will require the presence of a City of Garland Marshal at the rate of $55 per hour.
To make a request for reservations for the Goldie Locke Community Room, /utility-customer-service-4/goldie-locke-community-room-reservation--204 /formcenter/utility-customer-service-4/goldie-locke-community-room-reservation--204 please fill out the online form. For questions, contact Garland Customer Service at 972-205-2640 or email CommunityRoom@GarlandTX.gov.
Overview of Facility
The Goldie Locke Community Meeting Room has a 100-person capacity. Upon reserving the room, the following equipment will be available for use:
- 100 classroom chairs
- 10 classroom tables with castors (30”x72”)
- Catering kitchen with refrigerator, oven, microwaves, ice machine, dishwasher, coffee maker
- Audiovisual equipment including two (2) projector screens, projectors, white boards, and podium. Note: Laptop/computer are NOT provided. Users may consider a backup for presentations in the event the existing technology is not functioning.
Set-up and take-down of tables and chairs are the responsibility of the group reserving the room.
Guidelines for Room Use and Clean-up
- Rooms will be reserved on a first come-first serve basis. No meetings will be scheduled less than fifteen (15) days nor more than ninety (90) days in advance.
- Notification of any special needs and the estimated number of attendees are required at the time of booking along with contact information of the person and organization responsible for the event.
- Please confirm your reservation 48 hours prior to your event.
- Please check in and out with the Marshal on duty at the security desk in the Lobby when arriving for your event.
- For after-hours room use, a City of Garland Marshal is required to be present. The person/group requesting the use of the room will be invoiced for the amount of time the Marshal is present at the Marshal’s rate of $55 per hour.
- Smoking is NOT allowed within 25 feet of the building. There is a smoking urn at the northwest corner of the building.
- A catering/service kitchen is available for use. Coffee and associated condiments must be provided and prepared by your organization. Please clean any coffee brewers and the kitchen area prior to leaving.
- Food and drinks must be set up in the adjacent kitchen area.
- Place trash and recyclables in the appropriate receptacles.
- Any catering used for your event must be cleaned up and disposed of IMMEDIATELY after your event.
- Do not change or alter any computer or audiovisual equipment settings. Please shut down all media equipment, especially the projector, at the end of the reservation.
- No meeting activity shall be disruptive of regular City functions. Groups should take care to avoid disturbing those individuals and City offices using other parts of the facility.
- Refrain from leaning on or placing feet on the community room walls.
- Do not put signs or tape on the walls.
- Any items left behind or found the morning after your event may be discarded.
- Meeting rooms must be left in the condition in which they are found upon arrival. The City reserves the right to assess a fee for damages to the facility and/or deny future reservations to groups which do not follow clean-up and check-out procedures, or who do not follow the Guidelines for Room Use and Clean-up.