The City of Garland has updated its emergency alert database. Please register, update, or set up your phone, email and text options HERE. This alert is an important part of your emergency notification toolkit.
If we can’t reach you, we can’t ALERT you!
Request alerts and notify responders of unique circumstances – ALL WITH ONE REGISTRATION!
- Missing / Abducted Person
- Utility / Water Service Outages
- Chemical Spill / Gas Leak
- Public Health Emergencies
- Street Closing—due to emergency conditions
- Contamination of Drinking Water
- Tornado Warning
- You may “opt-in” for automated weather alerts including Severe Thunderstorm, Winter Storm, Flooding, etc.
Provide Important Info for Responders
- Vision or Hearing Limitations
- Medical Conditions, Oxygen Use
- Use of Walker / Wheelchair
- Protective Animals (that may bite)
- Safe Room / Shelter Location
- Emergency Contact for responders to call in case you are incapacitated
Register online or call 972-781-7278 for assistance.
Remember, the Garland Alert System is just one of many methods for obtaining warnings and updates about potential hazards.