Stay & Play Virtual Recreation
When you cannot come to us, we will come to you! Stay & Play recreation is a way for us to engage with you virtually. The City of Garland Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department is committed to providing ways for you and your family to stay active and safe!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates. Remember to tag us @playgarland and use the hashtag #StayandPlay or #GarlandStayandPlay on your photos and videos! See the social media platforms below.
Stay fit at home!
- Fitness workouts
- At-Home Workouts
- TikTok Tuesdays
- Find all of our TikTok Tuesday videos on YouTube
- Jazzercise Workouts - Get fit while under quarantine with a fun Jazzercise Workout (YouTube)
- Dancing Fun - Little Peter Rabbit Dance with Anderson Performing Arts (Facebook page video)
- SAIL exercise - Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL) is a strength, balance and fitness program for adults 65 and older.
DIY, color, draw, and more! Let’s Be creative together!
- Decorating Fun-
- Rainy Day Crafts for Kids (ParentMap link)
- Popular At-Home Cooking Recipes (Food Network link)
- Pumpkin Carving (HGTV link)
- How to create a Macrame Keychain (YouTube)
- How to create a Macrame Coaster (YouTube)
- Parks & Recreation Coloring Book (PDF)
- Decorating Easter Eggs with Foil (YouTube)
- Paint a vase (Garland Library Facebook)
- Unicorn Pen Holder (YouTube)
- Musical Instruments - Using supplies around the house, let your imagination run wild!
- Doodle Fun - A fun way to learn to draw with Lunch Doodles (Kennedy Center page)
- Gardening Tips - Tips from the professionals at Roach Feed & Seed.
- Crafts with Recycled Materials
- DIY Puzzle - May the fourth Puzzle (YouTube)
- DIY Slime
- GP&L Go Green Garland Earth Week Activities - check out these fun activities with GP&L!
More DIY activities can be found on the Garland Libraries webpage.
Let’s stay and play!
- Olympic Sports Saturdays
- Home Obstacle Course
- Archery - Bow & Arrow Archery (YouTube)
- Dance Party - Challenge your friends to a Dance-off (YouTube)
Reading can be relaxing and fun!
- More than Just Books - Get a Garland Library card.
- Read digitally -
- Storytime Live - Garland Library presents Storytime on Facebook Live - Fridays at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. on their Facebook page - @GarlandLibraryTX
- Toddler Storytimes (18-36 months): 10 a.m on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Preschool Storytimes (3-5 years): 11 a.m on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Wee Read (birth-18 months): 10 a.m. on Thursdays
- Family Storytimes: 2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays
If you have any questions about books or the Garland Libraries, email Library e-Support, email@example.com.
Exploring our Parks
Remember to practice physical distancing from others (min. 6 feet) and follow all other regulations found on our Health Department webpage.
Learn about art, animals, history, or even pick up a new skill!
- Virtual Adventures - Visit a variety of zoos, aquariums and more with Virtual Adventures.
- Enter the World of the Arts - Explore the events and exhibits featured at the Granville Arts Center.
- Learn about the Past