Newspapers and Magazines
Online Resource Tutorials
The Garland Libraries offer on how to use many of our online resources. Learn how to use Value Line, Mango Languages, Testing and Education Reference Center, Chilton Auto Repair and many more. Also included are tutorials on , , , , , , , and .
We have grouped several resource together to make them easier to find:
|Genealogy & History|
| || |
|Finance and Investments||Alphabetical List|
(Formerly Newspaper Source)
Newspaper Source Plus provides a full-text digital collection of the world's major news content. It includes millions of articles from newspapers, newswires and news magazines. In addition, it offers television and radio transcripts and ongoing daily updates from popular news sources.
- Full text for more than 1,200 newspapers
- More than 40 news magazines
- News from more than 130 newswires
- More than 77 million full-text articles
- More than 1.8 million television and radio news transcripts
Daily Updates with News View: ongoing updates throughout the day. Popular sources include:
- AP (Associated Press)
- CNN Wire
- PR Wire
- UPI (United Press International)
- Xinhua (China)
News View also includes television and radio news transcripts from top sources:
- ABC News (American)
- ABC (Australian)
- CBC (Canadian)
- CBS News
- CNN International
- FOX News
- National Public Radio
Newspaper Source Plus is also included in Explora.
Access thousands of newspapers every day, along with 90 days of back issues from national, provincial, and global leading publications. Check out and access all the newspapers in an easy-to-read page view or text view format in a PressReader display. Search articles and publications and set preferences for your daily newspapers. Over 100 countries in 60 languages provide must-have newspapers, and with a press of a button, you can translate your favorites from their original language into more than 16 languages.
Local papers include:
- The Dallas Morning News
- Fort Worth Star Telegram
- Houston Chronicle
- San Antonio Express News
- The Oklahoman
How to access PressReader Newspapers and Magazines:
- Download the PressReader app or go to www.pressreader.com
- Click Sign In and Library or Group, search for Nicholson Memorial Library System and select it from the list.
- Enter your library card information.
A supplemental database for customers of Business Source Complete.
Features PDF content going back as far as 1887, with the majority of full-text titles in native (searchable) PDF format.
Aim to cover all subjects and languages
Access complete full-color digital magazines through the Garland Public Library!
50+ popular magazines including: Us Weekly, Newsweek, Food Network, HGTV, Kiplingers Personal Finance, Wired, Woman's World, Cosmo, Vanity Fair, Clean Eating, Taste of Home, Yoga Journal, Golf Digest, Highlights and many, many more.
- No holds, checkout periods, or limits on the number of magazines checked out.
- Add new and back issues to your personal reading library.
- Receive personal notifications for favorite magazines so you never miss an issue.
- Instantly stream magazines from your PC or Mac.
- Download magazines to mobile devices for offline reading.
- Enjoy mobile apps for iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire and Android.
- Mobile App Account Setup and Login
- Browser Account Setup and Login
- Finding and Checking out Magazines
- Switch Account Profile to Another Collection
- Forgot Password
This resource contains:
- Full-text periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more
- Full-text more than 500 reference books,
- Over 107,000 primary source documents,
- An Image Collection of over 510,000 photos, maps & flags,
- PDF backfiles (as far back as 1975) for key publications including American Libraries, Foreign Affairs, History Today, Judaism, Library Journal, National Review, Saturday Evening Post, etc.